Conservation of Architectural Heritage (CAH)- CALL FOR PAPERS 23 November / 27 November 2015 Luxor - Aswan
Conservation of Architectural Heritage (CAH)
CALL FOR PAPERS
23 November / 27 November 2015
Luxor - Aswan
Audience Registration Submit an Abstract For Authors
Abstract Submission Deadline After
There is a wealth of architectural heritage worldwide, from historic city centers and cultural landscapes to some of the largest archaeological sites in the world. Conserving such inheritance is a challenging task that requires sustained commitment, interdisciplinary effort, and international cooperation.
IEREK seeks to address the complex challenge of conserving architectural heritage through this conference to increase the awareness of how citizens should value and save our heritage more effectively.
This conference is planned to be held on board; a Nile cruise between Luxor and Aswan, Egypt. Overlooking the Nile River, these two cities include a considerable percentage of the world's monuments, thereby offering a historic context to the conference.
This conference helps university researchers, professionals, and policy makers to get together to discuss the most pressing issues concerning the conservation of archaeological, architectural, and urban landscapes. More specifically, the main goal of the conference is to discuss multi-disciplinary research on complex Cultural Heritage sites, ranging from archaeological ruins to historical architecture and centers.
Scientific research will foster the attempt to improve the know-how in the field. Expected results include a better understanding of the problems facing architectural heritage, the development of policies favoring its conservation, the definition of practical guidelines and the organization of training and awareness activities.
The conference proceedings will be published by ELSEVIER at the Procedia journal "Social and Behavioral Sciences". ELSEVIER shall include the journal as a part of (Sciencedirect.com) services and shall be openly accessed. The Participants are granted internationally recognized certificates from Universita Kore Enna and IEREK which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Abstract Submission Deadline July 23, 2015
Last notification of first acceptance(abstracts) July 27, 2015
Full Paper Submission Deadline September 23, 2015
Second acceptance (Full Papers) September 25, 2015
Payment deadline September 28, 2015
Letter of Visa (for delegates whom need visa entry) September 29, 2015
Final approval of full papers October 19, 2015
Conference Program October 23, 2015
Conference days 23 November / 27 November 2015
- Incorporate Management Techniques and Decision Making in Historic Planning, Management and Development of Historic Areas.
- Cultural and Religious Identities and their Manifestation of Heritage.
- Awareness of Heritage Rehabilitation Projects.
- Innovative Adaptive Reuse and Rehabilitation of Historic Areas.
- Heritage Planning Policy, Design Guidelines, and Community Development.
- Integrating Sensitive Additions and Adaptations to the Fabric of Heritage Places Environment.
- Institutional Role and Modern Techniques in Conserving a Historic Environment.
- Legislative Tools and Policies for Cultural Heritage Protection.
- Best Practices in an Assessment, Designating and Managing World Heritage.
- Economics of Conservation and Sustainable Environment.
- Promotion of Heritage and Cultural Tourism.
- Cultural Heritage and Media.
- New approaches and Concepts in Conservation of Cultural Heritage in Historic Cities.
- Interior Design Solutions for Historic Buildings and Authenticity of the Place.
- Egyptian Monuments Conservation.
- Resettlement of Nubia and Rehabilitate their culture identity.
- Conservation of Tradition and Identity.
- Tourist and Archecology.
- Painting Restoration.
- Materials Techniques.
Dr. EMAD HANI ISMAEEL
Ph.D. in Technologies for the Exploitation
of the Built Heritage .
Senior Lecturer in the Dept. of Architecture
College of Engineering , University of Mosul
Mosul - Iraq .
Web Site: https://mosul.academia.edu/EmadAlallaf
Tel : +964 (0)770 164 93 74